Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF THE ROCK!


Stirling Castle (courtesy Pixabay)

“Sons and Daughters of The Rock” - this statement refers to my birthplace, Stirling. On one of my visits there, I was delighted to be informed by the waitress in a little café that I am “a Daughter of The Rock!”, having been born in Stirling. Apparently, at one time anyone born in Stirling was a son or daughter of “The Rock”, the rock being the steep and rugged crag that Stirling Castle was built on.

However, from 2011 on Stirling women in labour have had to deliver their babies at the Forth Valley Royal hospital in Larbert, near Falkirk, and apart from home births there have sadly been no more “Sons and Daughters of The Rock”.

Gordon, the lead male protagonist in my novel "Dangerous Devotion" (formerly “Love at Sunset”), is a “Son of The Rock”! Much of Gordon and Violet’s Scottish adventures take place in the Stirling area. “Dangerous Devotion” is also set in The Bahamas. I had fun bouncing my characters back and forwards across “the pond”!




6 comments:

  1. Very nice article, Fay. 'Love at Sunset' was such an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a daughter of the rock - but I have visited and enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that from your blog, Patsy! (Check out Patsy's very active and interesting blog at http://patsy-collins.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Wonderful! My novel "Love at Sunset" is now called "Dangerous Devotion". I must add that info to my post!

      Delete