Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2024

SCARCITY OF AFFORDABLE & DECENT RENTALS A CRISIS

 

Farewell good friends!

Sorry I haven’t posted for quite a while. We are having to move – from one rental apartment to another that is. We were only given 40 days’ notice (be sure to always check your lease thoroughly – the lawyers for the landlord found a loophole to avoid the 90 days’ notice mentioned in the lease!).

In Nassau, Bahamas, like many places around the world, rental prices have gone sky high and there is a scarcity of affordable and decent rental apartments. Airbnb plays a big part in this, shoving the long-term rental prices up and tying up the market for the average Bahamian.

We have to get rid of a lot of personal stuff before we move, including some of my books. I’ve donated two boxes of books to the Bahamas Humane Society Thrift Shop, so at least I know that they will still be appreciated.

I will be back on this blog again as soon as we are settled – or maybe before that if I find any time! In the meantime, if anyone reading this knows of affordable furnished apartments in the west (Nassau, Bahamas), please message me. Thanks!

 


(If you wish to comment on this post, please click on the title and a comments box will pop up. Thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment