Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

INSPIRED BY THE OLD TRAVELLER'S REST!

Interim "Traveller's Restaurant" (post old "Traveller's Rest")

I STAY

by Fay Knowles

(Written in a “moment of passion” on our way home
from the old "Traveller’s Rest" a few years ago!)

Sometimes I yearn for other shores
Where book stores and libraries abound
And everything is clean and tidy.
I see the litter beneath our rustling palms
And hear about another shooting…..drugs.

Then we stop to eat at Traveller’s Rest
On the western shores of Nassau city.
Waitress Iris hugs us.
A Bahamian gal greets her brothers.
Kisses them……family love.

We walk to our car on the edge of the sea -
The sea shimmering in natural night light.
The sky still red. And I want to stay.
Picture my house on top of a hill
In Long Island, Southern Bahamas.

No crime. No litter. Just peace.
Tranquillity, white beaches, blue water
Writing on my laptop
From my balcony with an ocean view.


I do not leave. I stay………..




4 comments: