Pages

Friday, June 2, 2017

FOR THE LOVE OF BOOKS AND WRITING


Some of my books on writing!

The spark for my love of books and writing dates back to my early childhood at Boquhan, Scotland. At the time, my family and I lived with my grandparents in a cottage on the large estate where my grandfather worked.

I remember being allowed into the library in the “big hoose” as we called it. As a tiny girl, I was in awe of the shelves of books, which reached high up to the ceiling. I could hardly even reach the lower shelves, so my grandmother would hand some of the books to me. It was almost impossible for me to understand the small writing and long words, but I thrilled at the touch of the books and the window on the world that they opened up. 

I write about Boquhan Estate in “The Scottish Connection”. And Gordon, one of the protagonists in “Love at Sunset”, has similar experiences with a library in an old house!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Fay. Thanks for sharing. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya. I know that spark began for you very early in your life too!

      Delete