Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

WHY?


A fellow author in the U.S. reached out to me the other day, saying: "You've been quiet lately. Is everything OK with you and yours?"

That's a good question. I guess he meant because I haven't been continually writing, marketing my books and revealing plans for more books, as I usually do! Also, I haven't been saying anything about how things are in The Bahamas and there sure has been a lot going on.

I think a lot of writers worldwide are grappling with the current Corona virus situation. I see them discussing this on writers' forums. But I don't know what's up with me! I keep trying to pull myself together and get on with it. Get on with what though?

I do go through the motions - doing secretarial work for my family, cooking, cleaning, exercising as much as is currently allowed, and so on...... But something's missing and it's not just the writing or not being able to physically socialize with friends!

Why am I like this right now? I think this question will only be answered after everything gets back to "normal", whenever and whatever that will be!

Nevertheless, here I am writing again, so maybe this is the best way to go right now. If you are having difficulty applying yourself to whatever you love to do, don't worry about it. It will all come back to you at just the right time. I truly believe that!



2 comments:

  1. Good of you to share your thoughts on this, Fay. I have my moments too (I think we all do) when it comes to doing what we're passionate about. I guess the best way for me to sum it up is that "life happens" and things always eventually settle down and we do get on with it. ��

    ReplyDelete