Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2023

OLD NASSAU MEMORIES

 

Turning left on Dillett Street and Blue Hill Road, Nassau, used to be a matter of concern for some drivers, with an old building on the corner looking as though it was about to collapse! Now it has been demolished, making it much safer to turn there. Also, the owners of the building next door to it seem to be fixing that up and making it much more pleasant to see.

The old building that is now gone once housed a burger joint where Erskine and his friend Levi Wilson grabbed a bite to eat while cutting palms for our wedding reception in the old Queen Elizabeth Sports Centre!

Levi also came to my apartment on Village Road the day of my wedding to Erskine, to ask if I needed any help. I was waiting there with my father-giver Gordon Ashton (Erskine’s English boss in the insurance company where he worked at the time) for a limousine to take us to St. Anne’s Church, Fox Hill. The priest had told me he didn’t believe in brides being late for their wedding and he just wouldn’t marry us if I was late!

The limousine hadn’t turned up and I gladly accepted Levi’s help. He drove us to the wedding at great speed down the Eastern Road in his old beat up car, paper packages in the back, and me in my full bridal gear. That must have been quite a sight to see!

Later the limousine driver stood outside the church as Erskine and I exited after our wedding, angrily waving his fist at us and telling us we told him 4 p.m. instead of the pre-arranged pick up time of 3 p.m.!


My novel “Dangerous Devotion”, Book 1 in the Buchanan Mystery Romance Series, is set in The Bahamas and Scotland. And Book 2, “Deadly Deceit in Paradise”, is set in The Bahamas. They are available as e-books and in paperback on Amazon and other online book retailers. 

FAY'S AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE


(If you wish to comment on this post, please click the title and a comments box will pop up. Thanks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment