Pages

Monday, October 16, 2023

THE DEMISE OF THE MELIA NASSAU BEACH HOTEL!

 

The Melia Nassau Beach Hotel at Cable Beach is being demolished! I read it was originally opened in 1983 and I know it has changed hands/names since then a few times. The Baha Mar Resort currently owns it, but I read an article in The Nassau Guardian that stated Baha Mar have plans for a more modern replacement.

I have happy memories of the Melia. In 2016, I met in Starbucks, Melia Nassau Beach Resort, with six established local authors for a chat about writing and publishing. Here’s a link to the article I wrote at the time, that appeared in The Tribune:

TRIBUNE ARTICLE

 

(If you wish to comment on this or any other post, please click the title and a comments box will pop up. Thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment